Monday, January 4, 2010

20_10



Hopefully this new year will bring new words. Thinking my recent acquisition of two antique typewriters should only serve to help such a conception. Aging ink ribbon leaves ghost words. Whenever someone sticks their fingers in my mouth, I half-expect them to come away with black hands. Meanwhile I daydream about girls who bat their eyelashes and strike words on their cheeks. They chatter and chatter. I know when it is my turn to speak because somewhere a bell sounds. The words sit smiling in the dark circles under their eyes, a word I can never perceive.

My resolution is to write a novel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Missin' you. Don't know how I found this but glad I did. And your older articles are JUST AS GOOD AS YOUR NEWER ONES. Write a novel, just make sure to dedicate it to me

Anonymous said...

Well, UA and SCAD have about the same amount of pros and cons. I'm not sure which I'm leaning toward, but I hope whichever will be the right choice. I'm probably going to major in anthropology at UA--what do you think?